Last Friday, Sports Day returned to our fantastic all-weather track after a two-year hiatus. The sunshine was met with a very welcome breeze that ensured conditions were perfect.
Pupils, staff and parents came together to enjoy an excellent day of Athletics and it was tremendous to see so many outstanding performances on the track and field. A special mention to the below pupils who broke school records;
• Isabel Gowing (First Form) broke the Junior Girls’ 1500 metres record running five minutes 25 seconds
• Oliver Messer (Second Form) broke the Junior Boys’ 100 metres record running 12 seconds
• Caitlin Calverley (Fourth Form) broke the Inter Girls’ Javelin record throwing 24.35 metres
• Charlotte Codd (Fourth Form) broke the Inter Girls’ High Jump jumping 1.48 metres
• Louisa Yorke (Lower Sixth) broke the Senior Girls’ High Jump jumping 1.40 metres
• Daniel Odling (Lower Sixth) broke the Senior Boys’ 800 metres running two minutes 11 seconds
Well done to all those who took part in events and a special well done to Founder’s who won the overall George Theodore Hardy Sports Day cup.