Prefect Freya S (Year 6) has shared her St Patrick’s Day cookie recipe and crafts designs below.
Mint Choc Chip Cookies
1 cup sugar
½ cup softened butter
½ cup sour cream
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp mint extract
10 drops green food colouring
1 cup chocolate chips
1: Cream butter and sugar together.
2: Add egg, sour cream, mint extract and food colouring. Mix well.
3: Add flour and chocolate chips. Combine well together.
4: Drop tablespoonfuls on to greased baking sheet.
5: Bake at 190C for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!
St. Patrick’s Day Pebbles
These are great for decorating the house. All you have to do is collect some pebbles and paint or draw (with markers – such as Sharpies) your St Patrick’s Day designs.
St. Patrick’s Day Popcorn Hat
Need a cool holder for your popcorn when watching a movie?
To make this popcorn holder you will need: Green and black card Gold/silver pipe cleaner Tape/glue Scissors Small paper plate Popcorn (very important!)
1. Using a paper plate, trace a circle around one piece of green paper.
2. Cut another piece of green paper in half, lengthways.
3. Cut a long strip of black paper. Glue/tape to the bottom of your green strip.
4. Bend a pipe cleaner into a square. Place it in the centre of a long black strip (aka the buckle of your hat).
5. Bring the two long ends of the green card together. Tape the edges closed and glue/tape to the circular base of the hat.
6. Fill with popcorn.