For many years, some of our Fifth Form students have benefited from participating in the National Citizenship Service summer programme. Due to COVID-19, last year was a little different, but this year they are offering the same programme they usually do, to both Fifth Form and Lower Sixth students.
This is a fantastic opportunity for these students to get back out into the world with their friends, learn new skills, make even more friends and make a difference in local communities. This year’s NCS programme will either be a two or three-week programme.
What are the benefits:
• It’s only £50 for the entire programme, including transport and food for the first two phases (bursaries are available);
• NCS enhances their CVs;
• NCS enhances their university applications;
• NCS is recognised by UCAS and will benefit their personal statements;
• NCS improves confidence and offers skills essential for starting work;
• They can gain brand new skills and become more independent;
• NCS allows students to volunteer to help a worthy cause;
• Allows them the chance to stay away from home (only available on the three-week programme).
It is an exciting opportunity and not one to be missed. You can secure your place here – https://wearencs.com/.
For more information, there are some informative videos below:
Parent Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcdzt6QRFLI&feature=youtu.be
Pupil Video – https://bit.ly/3vY6Eed